Monday, June 2, 2014

Connecticut to Massatusess 2014 AT

View from Bear Mountain
 
 
Find the porcupine.
 


 May 2014
 
For about 50 miles in Connecticut, it seemed like I was walking through rainforest. The birds were chirping and the green was dense. Connecticut went by pretty fast.
The next thing I knew, I was at a nice creek that was the entrance to Massatusess. As for the wildlife... There was an electronic bird that we kept hearing that sounded very cool. It was like a synthesized bird call. Climbing up a hill, Tilt-a-Whirl was walking as we saw a rattlesnake that did some good tail shaking. About a mile into Mass, I saw a porcupine on trail that turned around and slowly climbed up a tree. Both instances, Big Hungry got the sense that these were animals that don't want to say hello and she kept her distance. What a good dog!
As for me, I got about 700 miles remaining and four more states to cross. It's nice to be in lush New England for the start of summer. It's been very rainy but at least it's not cold. The rain isn't that bad because it's usually just a quick, harsh T-storm where the sun pops out after it's all said and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment