Friday, February 28, 2014

Bama Territory



 

End of February 2014

As for the 1500+ miles that I just drove from New Mexico, I am not going to remember this in the exact order. First, I believe I had about 20 hours of podcasts loaded on my iPod that I ran out of within the second day. The first night was spent in Arkansas? In some field??? The next day I finished my podcast memory and wound up somewhere in Canada or Tennessee or in the Mississippi River. Driving is tough. What I do remember is getting to Alabama where I decided to settle down for two nights at a beautiful forested area. I guess I was in Bama territory. Look it up people. Alabama. Football I'm guessing. They're good. #1 as far as I'm concerned. Great hiking and all the pictures are from that hike. I met some pig hunters that confirmed that this state has been overrun by pigs.  PIGZILLA is on the loose!!! 500+ LB pigs out here. No joke. From there I went to a campground in Georgia/Alabama and had about 5 acres to myself with a river and picnic tables galore and even the two local dogs to keep Bella company. Alabama dogs have no fences, leashes, or limits on who or where they can play, so they followed my car the quarter mile drive to my spot and made a friend with Bella as soon as she got out. Now I'm in north Atlanta finalizing my AT stuff and making sure I'm all set to start walking for 4 months. Very excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment