Thursday, January 9, 2014

Happy New Year!

                             I've got 3 down comforters, a Mexican style blanket, a nice soft
                                fuzzy blanket, a sleeping bag, and a warm dog at my feet.

First of all, Happy New Year!
Well, I'm back on the road and there was a lot of road in the past two days. I drove all the way out to Utah. I was planning on stopping in Nevada a bit longer but there wasn't much to see and the elevation was a little too high for me, so I just kept going.
It's been a while since I posted so I'll explain again what my plan is for the Appalachian Trail. To begin my travels, I will be car camping and National Park hopping throughout the southwest. I will be mostly picking a spot and staying there for 2-5 days. The hikes will mostly be day hikes, and maybe I'll even get a few overnight trips in. I'm not too eager for that as I will be starting the Appalachian Trail around early March with all overnight trips. For now, some days I might not even hike at all! Think positive thoughts for my car making it the entire way, but if it doesn't, I'll survive. I'll do a post for every National Park and I'll try to get them off as soon as possible, but it might be hard to find Internet out here.

1 comment: