Monday, January 27, 2014

Grand Canyon and AZT

                                          Not labeled...
                 The Mittens, Monument Valley

Hey All,
The North Rim of the Grand Canyon was closed, so I got some good hiking on and around the Arizona Trail (AZT) at the northernmost part of Arizona. It would be on the Kaibab Plateau near the northern entrance to the Grand Canyon.
Next, I wound up at the southern entrance of the Grand Canyon. I found a good spot right outside the National Park in National Forest land so that Bella can run around. She is also allowed to be on leash in the park, so I can explore the Grand Canyon a little more. One thing though, the map the park gives you is terribly confusing and only shows a few trails. Tomorrow, I'm going to start up on some more AZT. It's still kinda high elevation but it's nice and warm, so I'll start getting a few overnight trips to break in Bella.

http://aztrail.org/

1 comment:

  1. Auntie Connie and I camped at the mittens years ago--in our hippie VW camper!

    ReplyDelete