Saturday, March 8, 2014

Scenery on the Appalachian Trail, Franklin North Carolina, 100 Mile Mark

March 2014
 
Frosty Day
Another day
 
After being dropped off by the hotel shuttle  (the guy's name was "Shuttle"), we took a group pic and took off into the woods. The group was only going to the first shelter and Big Hungry and I (Pac) were anxious, so we kept going and wound up at a shelter later in the evening with three other hikers and a fire. After dinner we had a good chat around the campfire. I like that about the AT, how there's usually a fire going and a good amount of people to chat with every night. I froze my ass off that night and decided I had some good thinking time of how I'm going to add some weight to keep warmer for the cold nights. The next day was some cold walking and a celebratory Mile 100 tower that had a great overlook of the North Carolina valley.
Oh ya, Georgia is in the books. After a nice night in a hiker shelter, I had a 3 mile walk to the road then a quick hitch into Franklin, NC.
     100 Mile Tower

No comments:

Post a Comment